The Dallas Center-Grimes Fillies were taken down by the Adel-DeSoto-Minburn Tigers on Monday, April 24. The Tigers won 7-0 and the Fillies now have a season record of 1-6.

The Tigers started with the ball, but it looked like the Fillies would have a chance after Tiger Jordan Hook shot the ball but it was saved by the Fillies’ keeper Skylar Robertson.

Robertson saved another shot made by Sydney Bertman before the Fillies could gain control of the ball and make it down the field.

It was Fillies’ Zoey Chumbley’s turn to make a shot, but it still didn’t go in and the score remained 0-0. It only took eight minutes for the Tigers to score the first goal of the game.

The Tigers drove the ball down the field where Allie Cook was able to shoot the ball into the net for the first goal of the game.

The clock ticked on and the Fillies looked for another scoring opportunity. The opportunity came when the Tigers had a foul called against them that gave the Fillies a free kick that was just saved by keeper Delaney Bertman.

With 13 minutes left in the first half, the Tigers took charge at the Fillies defense. A quick attack on the right side of the Fillies’ net led to a fast pass followed by an assist by Sydney Bertman led to another goal by Cook.

The game went back and forth with shots being saved by either keeper until there was five and a half minutes left before halftime. The Tigers took control of the ball again and Izzy LaFollette saw her opportunity to score the third goal of the game. The Tigers led the Fillies 3-0 at half.

The second half began fast and rough. Five minutes into the half, the Fillies had a foul called against them that allowed Cook a free kick which Robertson couldn’t stop and completed Cook’s hat trick.

The girls continued up and down the field for a few more minutes until Delaney Barton made the Tigers’ fifth goal. The score was now 5-0, the Fillies just couldn’t catch up.

Even with a yellow card called on LaFollette, the Tigers kept control of the ball. With 16 minutes left in the game, Cook passed the ball to Sydney Bertman who shot the ball into the Fillies’ open net.

After the goal, the game slowed down, and the Fillies’ controlled the ball the majority of the time left. Unfortunately, the Fillies didn’t get a shot in.

To win the game, the Tigers regained control of the ball and Chelsea Bright scored the final goal of the game with the assistance of Barton.

The Fillies will try for their second win tonight, April 25 at home against Grinnell at 6:00 p.m.